Guest Post by Claudia Somerfield
You can see lots of evolution taking place in SEO techniques. If you do not keep abreast with the SEO updates surfacing frequently, your site would lag behind in terms of ranking over search engines. To have a consistent ranking of your website or blog over Google and other search engines, adapting these SEO updates are a must. Among the various sources of updates, the best resource for SEO updates can be none other than Google. The reasons are obvious; Google is a giant in search market and can be the best source to guide in SEO techniques. The below mentioned is the top five SEO tips from the source of Google itself.
- Work with relevant keywords: Keywords are the basics of search engine optimization. Therefore you need to research proper and relevant keywords related to your niche area of your website or blog. Jot down all the relevant keywords with you to effectively use them in your various SEO techniques. You have to come out with the keywords which a customer would think of finding your products or services while typing over Google. Using proper and relevant keywords can help your blog or website visible over Google and other search engines.
- Meta tags and site structure: Both meta tags and site structure is the important elements of your site as it helps to give a better picture of your website or blog when the search engine robot crawls. Hence it is imperative to wisely create meta tags for each and every web page of your site. It should highlight the topic and content of your website or blog. Google stresses on making your website or blog navigation easy and simple to improve your site structure.
- Add fresh and original content: Content is an important element of any website or blog. If you want to make your website visible over search engines like Google, it is important to create fresh and original content and keep posting new and fresh articles frequently. In fact, this is considered to be the most important rule by Google, without following this protocol the other SEO techniques would go astray. The Google search engine robots indexes a site or blog having fresh and new content and which is updated on a regular basis.
- Google Plus and bookmarks: If you have few effective and high quality blog posts or articles over your website then you can think of sharing with other bloggers or website owners over the web. If you can make your blog post or article viral then it can help you a lot in making your links popular. With this you can become a favorite place for the search engine robots to a great extent. All you need is interesting and useful articles and posts which are engaging and of high quality. The visitors coming at your place not only would love it but also keep sharing in their friend circle which will help you to widen your link network.
- Email forwarding: This is a straight forward kind of rule from Google Map. You as a blogger must register for the email forwarding in the Webmasters tools. This will enable Google to interact with you in an effective way. Google will instantly let you know if you commit any mistake over your website. (This is the most simple but still the best SEO tip coming straight from Google.)
Creating a blog or a site is one thing; however, getting good amount of traffic is vital and requires time and efforts. By following these above five important tips you can certainly make your site or blog more visible over Google and other search engines as it comes straight from Google itself.
About the Author: Claudia is a blogger by profession. She loves writing on luxury and technology. These days she is quite busy in writing an article for why does Google inspired Oogle Sari?