Bethaney Wallace, Owner
Bethaney Wallace has been writing and editing professionally for more than five years. After receiving her bachelor’s degree in English from Kansas State University, she expanded her newspaper and magazine abilities into a full-time operation. Now working through The Social Robot, she provides a variety of writing services, such as blogging, ghostwriting, format editing, print writing and editing, blog and social media management, and more.
Working from her home office with a lovely park view, Bethaney enjoys the flexibility to create her own schedule while doing what she loves. In her free time, she can be found drinking tea, working on new DIY projects, wrangling her rowdy cat, Toga, and maxing out her library card. Check out the portfolio page to see her clips.
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS: Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature and Creative Writing, August 2010
- Herder Institut Leipzig, Germany: language program, June 2010
- Speaker/mentor for the K-State A.Q. Miller School of Journalism
- Search Marketing Expo (SMX) East Q&A Moderator
- Featured Member of the National Association of Women Business Owners
- Facebook Marketing Bootcamp
- South by Southwest Interactive Attendee
- Search Marketing Expo volunteer and attendee
- Best nonfiction essay, Touchstone Literary Magazine, 2010
- Best editor, Kansas State Collegian, 2010
- Kansas Scholastic Press Association regionals judge, 2010
Danny the Intern
Danny Neely is a … something. Perhaps a humorist? Writer? Videographer? He doesn’t have clear direction in life, and he needs to “hurry up and graduate,” according to his father. He is currently pursuing degrees in food science and journalism & mass communications from Kansas State University. Recently, Danny began ghost writing, and guest blogging on this very site. He also finds gainful employment as a camera operator for live sporting events when he can. Danny loves working on a freelance basis because he had a desk job for a summer one time and decided he didn’t like that very much. Bespectacled and at times mistaken for (Where’s) Waldo when he wears that one shirt, Danny enjoys writing, directing, performing, and hey, even philosophy. Sometimes college is about becoming a more well-rounded person and not just getting a piece of paper as fast as you can. He loves his parents.
- Stand Up